Monday, December 12, 2011

You Are All These and More! Happy Birthday Sweetheart!



You are my quiet man and my hero
My John Wayne personified
The Rock in a turbulent world.

From our first date you have carried me
Over your shoulder; or just let me lean on it
The Color of my life’s rainbow.

From Pong to Nintendo, dominoes to cards
Taught Putt Putt and Math; rode horses and white waters
The Sunshine that lights my heart.

From city apartment to a full working farm
We’ve raises chickens and rabbits, horses and cows
The Richness in our foundation.

Blackjack in Vegas, Scratch offs to Slingo
Auctions and EBay, Raffles and Fantasy leagues
The Luck in my shamrocks.

You made Halloween spooky, rang sleigh bells by windows
Hid Easter Eggs in bushes, and made Anniversaries special
The Imagination in an otherwise gray world.

Dr. Pepper and Marlboro’s, Chocolate Cherries and pies
Barbecued brisket and salsa; Margarita’s and Raspberry tea
The Flavors of life bursting forth

Rocked babies and fed them, spent nights up in hospitals
Held my hand when I cried; foretold births and spoiled grandkids
The Father, the Pawpaw, my love and my world.

No comments: